Tuesday 17 December 2013

My Scary Story: Wangsa Maju Part 1

I don't post on here very often anymore. But my scary story I did nearly 3 years ago about Genting Highlands Amber Court still gets so many hits! I thought I would share another one with the internet world, I seem to have collected a few over the years :) This one is based again in Malaysia, in an area of Kuala Lumpur known as Wangsa Maju.


I spent a lot of time during my late teens/ early 20s in Kuala Lumpur. My husband is from there and after we graduated from high school, we used to spend our summer vacations going over. One of those summers, we stayed at Wangsa Maju. His parents owned a condo there with a lovely view of the KL towers (I won't say which block of apartments they were). They were still abroad working for the Malaysian government, so we were pretty much alone apart from the odd visit from his brother or his uncle. The place was alright, although I really didn't like the vibe of the place. But I didn't mind it so much. Around the back was a tennis court and a swimming pool. Sometimes at night we would go down and place basketball and just sit around. We would sometimes go very early in the morning (we were teenagers, our body clock was nuts).

One night, around 11pm we decided to go down to the tennis courts to play some b-ball. You have to walk from the lift all the way down this path, past the swimming pool to get to the court. My husband was bouncing the ball, doing silly tricks etc and then something caught my eye. There were 3 kids in the swimming pool, one small boy, and 2 girls. I hadn't noticed anyone in the pool from when we first got out because of these huts that were blocking our view of the pool. My husband was talking away and I just stared at these kids as we past them. The funny thing is that they didn't make any noise, and they were playing beforehand but when they saw me staring, they all stopped what they were doing and stared back. It was very creepy to say the least. My husband saw them too but he kept bouncing. These kids would not stop staring at me, and we looked at each other until we got out of sight. When we were down at the court I asked my hubby why they were allowed to play so late? In UK usually you aren't allowed in the pool at night and I was surprised that no adult was with them. I couldn't see anyone looking from the window either so I was kind of worried for the kids. Another thing was that they were all wearing white clothes, no bathing suits. We went to the far side of the court so I couldn't really see them anymore, and we played our game and when we headed back they were not there, so we assumed they had come to their senses and gone inside.

The next day, my husbands friend came round, and my hubby asked his friend at what time the pool is supposed to shut (he lived in the same block). He said that it shuts at sundown, so around 6-7pm. He asked us why and we explained how we saw the kids playing around and how we were kind of worried. His friend looked very shocked and started speaking in Malay to my husband.


My husband turned to me and said that 3 kids had drowned in the pool in the past at different occasions, 2 girls and a little boy...

part 2 coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice please >_<